- Our prayers continue to be with Pastor Carl Hendrickson as he deals with health concerns; our prayers and Christ’s healing.
- Please pray for Steve Krepp, a member of our Mid-Northeast Mission District Council, who fell in December and suffered two cracked ribs and a torn rotator cuff. Steve is a member and lay leader at Brighton Heights Lutheran Church, Pittburgh, PA.
- Please pray for Freda Schoch, wife of retired Pastor Karl Schoch, who was just diagnosed with leukemia. Pastor Schoch served at Zion in Chicora, PA, prior to his 2018 retirement.
- Please pray for Michele Hybl, wife of Pastor Darian Hybl (Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Export, PA. She had knee replacement surgery.
- Welcome to Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Letart, West Virginia! Zion Lutheran is now a congregation of the Mid-Northeast Mission District. We are looking forward to getting to know you and are glad to have you with us. (Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church C/O Nancy Kearns, 5558 Graham Station Road, Letart, WV 25253 Contact Treasurer Nancy Kearns – 304-882-3686)
- Church Security Workshop, St. Florian Catholic Church, State Route 981, United, PA hosted by Christians Uniting. PA State Trooper Steven Limani from the Greensburg Barracks will give a presentation and take your questions. Lunch will be served.
- "Stewards of God's Influence: Time, Talent, Treasure, and Testimony", presented by The Living and Giving Stewardship Team of the NALC, on Saturday, March 30 from 9 AM - 3 PM at St. John's Lutheran Church, 218 N. Jefferson St, Kittanning, PA 16201. Lunch is $6.00/person. Designed to grow faithful stewardship through Biblical teaching, this fabulous workshop will address various key topics including a culture of year-round stewardship and an annual stewardship response program. Registration deadline is March 22.
- Women's Spring Gathering will be April 6, 2019, Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Export, PA. Please see Women's web site page for more details)
- Annual Mid-Northeast Clergy Retreat - June 6-7 Trinity School for Ministry's Ancient Evangelical Future Conference. Registration now open. See District Calendar page for details.
- NALC National Convention is scheduled for August 5, 2019 – August 9, 2019 at The Westin Indianapolis, 241 W Washington St.,Indianapolis, IN 46225, USA. Co. Go to www.theNALC.org to register or find a hotel later this year as details become available.
- "In Tents" Summer camp is scheduled for July 15-19, 2019. See the Youth Page for more information as it becomes available.
- Nile Lutheran Church in Rochester, NY will soon be able to use their building. Some minor repairs are being completed and the city will conduct a re-inspection on April 16. A rough estimate of this work is $2200. If you would like to assist them with these expenses, send your check to Nile Lutheran Church, Pastor Ntaombaye Nestory, 804 Merchants Road, Rochester, NY 14609. Please keep Nile in your prayers as they near the end of this long journey to have a place of their own for worship and ministry.
- 2019 Mid-Northeast Mission District Bible Bowl
Date of Competition: Sunday, April 28, 2019
Bible Books for Competition: Ephesians, Philippians, Galatians, and Colossians (ESV)
Location: Lighthouse Lutheran Church, Freedom, PA . We welcome youth teams from other Mission Districts of the NALC to our friendly competition as youth strive to win the Melancthon Trophy. In addition, we welcome LCMC youth teams too. (See Youth Page)
- Women of the Mission District - We are looking for a few women to run for the Women of the Mid-Northeast Mission District Women's Council. It is a three year commitment. The election will take place at the Spring Gathering, April 6, 2019. Please contact Jackie Waterson, President for more information and to place your name on the ballot. Thank you for prayerfully considering serving on the Women Council. See Women's page.
Historic Church Installs Newly Ordained Pastor
Elma, NY, January 9, 2019: St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, a Lutheran Congregation in Mission for Christ (LCMC), located at 360 Main St., Elma, announces the ordination and installation of their new Pastor, Rev. Patricia Braunscheidel. Earlier this year, Rev, Carol Lankes, their pastor for 26 years, retired. The roughly 125 people who comprise St. Paul’s live mostly in Elma, West Seneca, East Aurora, Lancaster and Depew and many are descendants of the congregation’s original 32 families of 1862.
On Sunday, November 25, Rev. Braunscheidel was ordained into the Ministry of Word and Sacrament by The Rev. John F. Bradosky, Bishop of the North American Lutheran Church (NALC). Rev. Braunscheidel earned her Master of Divinity from the North American Lutheran Seminary in Ambridge, PA in the seminary’s first graduation class in 2016. She served one year internship at Christ Rupp Lutheran Christ.
In a working agreement between the NALC and LCMC, Rev. Braunscheidel was installed as the pastor of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church. Clergy and elders from both denominations and other areas of the United States participated in her ordination and installation as pastor. Friends, family and congregation filled the quaint rural church for the celebratory service and reception following in the Parish Hall.
For more information on St. Paul’s, visit its website at http://stpaulsblossom.org
Rev. Patricia Braunscheidel, Pastor
500th Anniversary of the Reformation
Mid-Northeast Mission Districtof the NALC